Kansas State of Wellness Champions
Three awards were given out at the 2015 Kansas State of Wellness Symposium to recognize some of the outstanding work being done across the state. A community, worksite and hospital all recieved recognition for the work they are doing to improve health. Click the below links to view awardees videos and learn more about their efforts.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH CHAMPION – Grow Hodgeman County
- WORKSITE HEALTH CHAMPION – City of Manhattan
- HOSPITAL HEALTH CHAMPION – Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
Our Communities and our Worksites are Dealing with Problems that Contribute to 50 Percent of the World's Mortality
WorkWell KS was featured in the Kansas Health Foundation’s video newsletter, Health Happenings. Learn more about the initiative, the work being done and hear stories from Coffeyville, KS participants.
McPherson Men Become Health Leaders
- Read more about the McPherson Champions and their efforts to encourage worksites to support health and wellness.
Lawrence Among 10 Kansas Communities Selected to Champion Worksite Wellness
- Read more about Lawrence participating in WorkWell KS.
Easing Brain Fatigue with a Walk in the Park
Healthy Workers an Economic Boost for Business
A handful of local employers, including some of the county’s largest, have taken a step to improve the health of their workers. For certain, these employers value their employees and want the best for them, but a healthy workforce also makes economic sense. Read more here.